Data Mining Services
Data mining is used to retrieve valuable insights from huge, diverse, and constantly renewable datasets. Since 2000, ScienceSoft offers data mining outsourcing to help our clients uncover analytics insights to address business problems without investing in in-house data mining competencies.
Feed Your Decision-Making with Advanced Analytics
ScienceSoft’s team identifies the needed data sources and uses the most efficient data mining tools and techniques to help you test hypotheses and identify hidden patterns in your data, including big data.
- Data science and data analytics expertise since 1989.
- 8 years in big data.
- Image analysis expertise since 2013.
- 16 years of experience in rendering data warehouse services.
ISO 9001 and ISO 27001-certified to assure the quality of the data mining services and the security of the customers' data.
- Domain experience in 30 industries, including manufacturing, energy, retail and wholesale, professional services, healthcare, financial services, transportation and logistcs, telecommunications.
- Defining business objectives to reach with data mining.
- Outlining exact questions, hypotheses, tasks to resolve with data mining.
- Determining issues with the existing data mining solution.
- Deciding on data mining KPIs.
Source data preparation
- Determining data mining sources and requirements for a data set.
- Data collection and transformation.
- Data quality management.
Data mining models creation
- Selecting optimal data mining methods to use.
- Defining the criteria for the future model/models evaluation (output quality KPIs, KPIs related to business outcomes).
- Creating data mining models.
- Running the developed data mining models on the prepared data sets.
Data mining models maintenance and tuning
- Continuous monitoring and tuning of data mining models for greater accuracy.
- Developing new data mining models (also, on new data sets) to address arising business needs.
Reporting and alerting
- Reports and dashboards with data mining results ready for business use.
- Alerting according to the predefined rules (e.g., pricing change detection).
Custom data mining applications (optional)
- Developing software with data mining capabilities for self-service use.
- Evaluating data mining quality, including the quality of insights.
- Data mining quality evaluation reports.
- Testing software with data mining capabilities.
Data Sources We Cover with Data Mining Services
Enterprise systems (CRM, ERP, HRMS, etc.)
- Stock planning.
- Equipment failure prediction.
- Prediction of defects or reduced yield.
- Operations cost optimization.
Retail (including ecommerce)
- Merchandising strategy optimization.
- Online store UX design, conversion rate optimization.
- Shopping channel analysis.
- Cross-selling and upselling.
- Price monitoring and optimization.
- Treatment effectiveness assessment.
- Recommendations on lifestyle changes.
- Personalized care planning.
- Proactive care (definition of trends and patterns in patient condition requiring a doctor’s attention).
- Fraud detection in healthcare insurance.
Transportation and logistics
- Operational capacity planning .
- Vehicle supply allocation and vehicle dipatch management.
- Vehicle maintenance data mining for failure prediction.
- Dynamic route optimization.
- Fuel cosnumptation forecasting.
- Customer behavior and buying pattern analysis.
- Customer segmentation.
- Marketing campaign optimization.
- Sentiment analysis.
- Market trends evaluation.
- Competitor analysis and tracking.
- Pricing strategies and promotion tactics optimization.
- Fraud detection (cash, transactional, insurance, etc.).
- Financial risks analysis and management.
- Regulatory compliance.
- Credit rating evaluation.
- Employee behavior and performance analysis.
- Employee retention prediction.
- Employee performance management.
- Recruitment management.
- HR policies evaluation.
- Employee engagement strategy optimization.
Benefits of Data Mining Outsourcing with ScienceSoft
Transparent service delivery based on KPIs
We deliver data mining services based on the agreed quality KPIs, which may include:
- Output quality KPIs:
- Interestingness metrics (e.g., how data mining model/pattern can become beneficial).
- Accuracy metrics.
- Reliability metrics (e.g., how a data mining model performs on different data sets).
- Missing alerts.
- KPIs related to business outcomes (e.g., conversion rate, sales, accounts receivable, etc.)
- Your satisfaction score defined with interviews and questioners.
Focus on data security
To ensure data security on multiple levels, we employ:
- Highly secure cloud facilities for data storage and processing (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud).
- Secure data transfer methods (FTP and VPN) controlled via regular health checks.
- 24/7 in-house data security monitoring.
Data science libraries, frameworks, and services
Data mining techniques
Data cleaning and preparation
Anomaly detection / outlier detection
Sequential pattern mining
Decision trees / random forests
Time-series data mining
Natural language processing
Visualization ( reports and dashboards)
Penalized regression models (Lasso, elastic net regularization, least-angle regression, support-vector machines, etc.)
Time series methods (ARIMA, ARMA, SSA)
Structural equation modeling
Exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis
Statistical power analysis
Bayesian methods (Naïve Bayes classifier, Bayesian model averaging, Bayesian adaptive designs, etc.)
Spline-based models (multivariate adaptive regression splines, etc.)
Convolutional and recurrent neural networks (LSTM, GRU, etc.)
Autoencoders (VAE,DAE, SAE, etc.)
Generative adversarial networks (GANs)
Deep Q-Network (DQN)
Feedforward Neural Network
Radial basis function network
Modular neural network
Our Hallmark Data Science and Big Data Analytics Projects
Data Science Consulting for Electric Energy Consumption Analysis and Forecasting
ScienceSoft suggested high-level software architecture and provided detailed recommendations on creating machine learning models for electric energy consumption analysis and forecasting software, which would allow electric power companies to optimize their load management and price determination procedures.
Big Data Implementation for Advertising Channel Analysis in 10+ Countries
ScienceSoft implemented a big data analytics system, which allowed one of the top market research companies to carry out comprehensive advertising channel analysis for different markets.
Development of a Big Data Solution for IoT Pet Trackers
ScienceSoft delivered a scalable IoT data management solution that enables the processing of 30,000+ events per second from 1 million devices.
Data Science Implementation for Sales Analysis and Forecasting
ScienceSoft supported a leading FMCG manufacturer by delivering science-based sales forecasting and attainable sales targets.
Development of an Advanced Data Analysis for a Regulatory Authority
ScienceSoft developed a BI solution with a robust analytical module to conduct financial market analysis and determine development and capital raising strategies, market participant analysis to discover hidden relationships between entities, trigger fraud alerts, etc.
Regular data mining outsourcing
- Get valuable business insights out of large, heterogeneous and constantly changing data sets without hiring an in-house data mining team.
- Suitable for 6+ month- cooperation
* If you don’t want to manage large databases in-house, consider adding our DWH-as-a-service.
One-time data mining outsourcing
- Gain quick insight into pressing problems.
- Try how data mining solves a particular business problem.
Embrace Data Mining Capabilities
Outsourcing data mining services, you benefit from:
- Increased ROI from marketing campaigns due to accurate prediction of campaigns’ outcomes.
- Optimized operational performance due to defining reasons behind operational bottlenecks.
- Increased customer acquisition rate and decreased customer churn due to accurate targeting of well-defined customer segments.
- Quick fraud detection due to outlier analysis.
Hire Data Mining Experts Now!
Get in touch with our data mining team to discover hidden correlations in your data and translate vast volumes of data into insights to be one step ahead of your competitors.