Healthcare IT Services
Healthcare IT services cover care delivery digitalization, IT modernization, cloud migration, IT support, etc. In healthcare IT since 2005, ScienceSoft offers full-cycle IT services for medical organizations to leverage tech-enabled healthcare without expanding an in-house IT team.
Need a Tech Partner for Your Healthcare Org?
ScienceSoft’s team is ready to assess, design, build, modernize, and optimize your healthcare IT solutions and infrastructure to help you run daily IT operations.
Why Choose Healthcare IT Services by ScienceSoft
in software development
in healthcare IT
of experience in ITSM
- Hands-on experience with HIPAA and HITECH.
- Quality management system for medical device software and software as a medical device proven by ISO 13485 certification.
- Microsoft Partner with 9 Gold Competencies, including Datacenter, Data Analytics, Application Integration.
- Authorized AWS Solution Provider.
- Experience with the standards of National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP) concerning electronic information exchange (e.g., NCPDP D.0).
No need for large upfront investments
We work according to an iterative approach, so we can implement first improvements to your IT infrastructure or deliver the first version of your digital health solution within 1-3 months.
Services tailored to your needs
You can either choose one service from our healthcare IT offering or combine it with others to get a unique service pack fully covering your healthcare organization’s processes.
We build efficient collaboration with all customer’s stakeholders, self-manage our work, and are eager to share our skills. You will be fully informed on the project status because cooperation with us is based on a pre-agreed process and a set of KPIs.
Our Selected Healthcare IT Services Projects
Development of Remote Patient Monitoring Software
- 5 mobile applications for iOS and Android (central app, communication app, home app, extended care app, “heartbeat” module)
- Decreased load on the system (using aggregation of requests, grouping of data, etc.)
- Technologies: Android, iOS, MySQL, PHP, C/C++, Java, Node.js
Telehealth App Development for Chiron Health
- HIPAA-compliant Android application to book appointments and make conference calls with physicians.
- Unpaid phone calls can be replaced with reimbursable video visits.
- Technologies and tools: Android SDK, Custom User Interface, Canvas, Fragments API, JSON, Volley, OkHttp, Git, Atlassian Jira.
- 200+ screens migrated.
- Improved performance and simplified maintenance due to optimized algorithms and database queries.
- Technologies: Java (Spring 4 + Hibernate 5), React.js, Flux, HL7
Development of a Health Monitoring Module for Assisted Living Software
- Healthcare data analytics module and automated alerts to notify the personnel about the negative changes in residents’ state and improve care services.
- Technologies: Ext JS, SASS, Java 8, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Maven, Apache Tomcat, Microsoft SQL Server
BI Implementation for a Medical Provider of Mobile Diagnostic Imaging Services
- Reports and dashboards on clinical outcomes, order payments, etc.
- Reduced unproductive time, enhanced customer experience.
- Technologies and tools: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, Kyubit BI.
Development of a Brain Tumor Localization Application
- CNN structure featuring 5 convolutional layers.
- Neural network accuracy as high as 87%.
- Analyzing MRI scans, localize tumors, and define each tissue type.
- Technologies: C++, Caffe, CMake, VTK, ITK.
BI Implementation for 200 Healthcare Centers
- BI solution loading and processing data from 200+ databases of US healthcare centers and retirement homes.
- Improved management processes of healthcare centers due to prompt analytics reports.
- Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Transact-SQL, JReport.
Our Healthcare IT Service Options
We provide the following services separately or in combination.
- L1, L2, L3 help desk for healthcare IT applications and infrastructure.
- Monitoring of hospital applications (e.g., EHR, HIE), networks, and IoMT infrastructures.
- Healthcare IT infrastructure administration and maintenance.
- Maintaining IT infrastructure security and compliance (e.g., with HIPAA).
Managed IT services
- Proactive monitoring and evolution of healthcare IT infrastructure.
- Performance management, enhancement, optimization, and evolution of medical applications.
- Security and compliance testing of IT infrastructure and its components, applications (security audit, compliance testing, vulnerability assessment, penetration testing).
- Cloud usage optimization.
- Assessment of the current state of the IT environment.
- Pinpointing vulnerabilities in the IT environment and unmet needs and designing tech solutions to cover them.
- Feasibility study to define IT environment optimization steps, care digitization projects with optimal change costs and max beneficial outcomes.
- Compliance assessment of IT environment (e.g., HIPAA and HITECH compliance assessment).
- Healthcare applications integration (EHR, medical imaging software, practice management software, etc.).
- Modernization of legacy healthcare applications (recoding, reengineering, containerization, etc.).
- Consolidation of disparate healthcare organization and patient data.
- Upgrading information security safeguards (e.g., network protection, application security) and HIPAA compliance (data access controls, etc.).
- Selection of a HIPAA-compliant cloud.
- Cloud migration strategy with cost-efficiency in mind.
- Step-by-step migration approach: splitting applications into modules to migrate them incrementally.
- Server, data warehouse, desktop migration.
Healthcare data analytics and performance management
We design and implement analytics solutions to enable:
- Patient outcomes analytics (to identify trends in patient outcomes, adjust treatment plans, etc.).
- Analytics of patient-generated health data (e.g., glucose, body temperature, weight, blood pressure).
- Performance evaluation and efficiency analysis of internal processes (e.g., equipment utilization, bed allocation).
- Financial management (e.g., expenses per episode, expected cash flow, outstanding payments).
Digital health implementation
- Software idea conceptualization based on healthcare organization’s objectives and needs analysis.
- Feature list elaboration, software planning.
- Development of digital health solutions (e.g., telemedicine apps, remote patient monitoring solutions, patient engagement solutions, digital therapeutics, chronic disease management software).
- Software support and evolution.
Telemedicine for primary care
- Online scheduling and conducting first-time and follow-up appointments.
- Template-based and custom treatment plans for uncomplicated cases (e.g., mild colds, indigestion).
- Medication plan creation and online medication prescription.
- A patient’s progress monitoring.
- Scheduling follow-up visits, screenings, analyses, consultations with other specialists.
Telemedicine for acute care
- Emergency consultations via videoconferencing (e.g., for stroke patients in hospitals without an on-site neurologist).
- Streamlined data access due to integrations with healthcare software (EHR, LIS, RIS, etc.).
- Advanced diagnostics features (e.g., AI-driven medical image analysis, VR-based surgery planning).
Telemedicine for nursing care
- Remote monitoring of patients’ vitals collected either by connected medical devices or entered manually.
- Online appointments with a nurse to check a patient’s health state, provide care instructions, guide through preoperative preparation, etc.
- Emergency nurse call.
- Offline chat with a nurse (e.g., to get recommendations on injury care).
Telemedicine for physical therapy
- Guided and non-guided remote physical therapy sessions.
- Therapy adherence monitoring (e.g., personal KPI targets for patients, dashboards with analyzed patient performance).
- Logging health parameters (pulse, blood pressure, etc.) and exercises for patients.
- VR-based telerehabilitation.
Telemedicine for neurology
- Online appointments and regular patient examination (e.g., assessment of the mental state, coordination, sensory systems, reflexes).
- Patients’ treatment plan management.
- Scheduling therapy sessions (e.g., physical, speech, occupational therapy).
- Dashboards with patients’ health improvements based on appointments’ records.
- Self-help features for patients (e.g., guides, exercises).
Telemedicine for mental health
- Virtual behavioral therapy sessions (one-on-one or group meetings).
- 24/7 patient-doctor chat.
- Peer support groups for patients (e.g., online chats, online meetings).
- Medication intake log and monitoring.
- Medication prescription renewal or refilling.
Telemedicine for pediatrics
- Online appointments for children with chronic conditions or requiring primary care.
- Inpatient care teleconsultations between an on-site pediatrician and a remote pediatric specialist.
- Outpatient teleconsultations (for patients in childcare centers, preschools, schools, group homes, summer camps, juvenile detention centers).
Chronic disease management
- Mobile applications designed for specific chronic conditions (COPD, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, etc.).
- Medication intake plans and notifications for a patient.
- Telemedicine appointments.
- Embedded patient motivation techniques (e.g., gamification, social media sharing).
- Patient-generated health data analytics and notifications on abnormal parameters.
Remote patient monitoring (RPM)
- Collection and analysis of detailed information about patients’ vitals by the RPM system (for postoperative patients, patients with chronic diseases and health risks, etc.).
- RPM data upload to integrated healthcare IT systems (e.g., EHR, HIE).
- Doctor, patient, caregiver alerts in case of abnormal health parameters.
- Patient portals and applications (featuring appointments scheduling, prescription refill requests, etc.).
- Health education apps (with general information on wellness and nutrition, regular health checkups, chronic conditions prevention and treatment).
- Trackers of patient-generated health data for chronic disease management (e.g., asthma, Parkinson’s syndrome, diabetes).
Digital therapeutics (DTx)
- Diseases and symptoms management (e.g., asthma triggers monitoring and alerting).
- Disease-specific prevention programs (e.g., carbohydrates consumption monitoring for prediabetes).
Our Customers Say
bioAffinity Technologies hired ScienceSoft to help in the development of its automated data analysis software for detection of lung cancer using flow cytometry. Our project required a large amount of industry specific methodology and algorithms to be implemented into our new software connected to EHR/LIS systems, which the team handled well. They are reliable, thorough, smart, available, extremely good communicators and very friendly.
President & CEO, bioAffinity Technologies
During our cooperation, ScienceSoft proved to have vast expertise in Healthcare and Life Science industries related to the development of a desktop software connected to laboratory equipment, mobile application, and data analytics platform. They bring top-quality talents and deep knowledge of IT technologies and approaches in accordance with ISO13485 and IEC62304 standards.
Prof. Dr. Department of Biomedical Science, Malmo University
We engaged ScienceSoft to build an Android app that complements our web-based platform for our patients. They advised and successfully lead the way from end to end through the technical challenges and considerations with development of the app. We have also engaged them to introduce a few enhancements to the app and would certainly consider ScienceSoft as a technology partner in further software development initiatives.
CTO, Chiron Health
ScienceSoft designed and developed a native iOS app that offers a quantitative assessment of users’ physical fitness. I was impressed with the excellent level of responsibility, communication skills and mobile competences of both the management team and developers. All the tasks were completed accurately, promptly and efficiently.
Doubt Healthcare IT Investments Will Pay Off?
Working with ScienceSoft, you can start from smaller improvements, get the first results, assess their impact on your healthcare organization’s processes, and then proceed with a project.